Army`s Northern Command celebrates 43rd Raising Day
Jammu: Indian Army`s Northern Command, the operational command of Jammu and Kashmir which is popularly known as `Dhruva Command`, celebrated its 43rd Raising Day on Wednesday.
At a ceremony at Dhruva War Memorial, Commander of Northern Command Lt Gen DS Hooda paid homage by laying a wreath as mark of respect to the martyrs who have fallen on the battlefield in the service of the nation, a defence spokesperson in Jammu said.
Northern Command was raised on June 17, 1972 after the 1971 Indo Pak War and has the unique responsibility of guarding the nations borders with both Pakistan and China.
Commander of Northern Command Lt Gen DS Hooda paid homage by laying a wreath as mark of respect to the martyrs.
The `Dhruva` Command has lived up to the faith reposed in it by the nation, be it combating Pakistan sponsored terrorism or the Kargil intrusion in 1999, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli