Baby theft: Hospital orders probe, attaches eight staffers
Jammu: A day after a baby was allegedly stolen from its premises, the SMGS Hospital on Saturday ordered a departmental inquiry into the matter, besides attaching eight of its staffers to the medical superintendent`s office.
"We have ordered departmental enquiry and have attached eight people, including persons from the nursing staff," Medical Superintendent Dr A K Sharma said.
He said the CCTV cameras installed in the premises captured footage of a woman walking out with the baby, but her face was fully covered.
Conceding a security lapse, Sharma, however, said it is not possible for the hospital administration to provide a security guard to each and every patient.
"It is a security lapse and we are seriously looking into the matter. But attendants who accompany the patients should also share some responsibility, we cannot place security guard for each and every bed," Sharma said.
He did not rule out the possibility of involvement of a hospital staffer into the matter.
"It is second such incident in three months. It is bringing disrepute to the hospital. It seems some gang is involved in this and we are also not ruling out possibility of hospital staff being involved in this," he said.
Meanwhile, the father of the child, along with some social organisations, staged protests outside the hospital seeking immediate recovery of the baby.
The baby, belonging to a couple from Rajouri district, had gone missing yesterday morning.
The hospital attendants, who had fallen asleep, had informed about the matter to the parents after they found the baby missing when they woke up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'