BJP accuses J&K govt of discrimination
Jammu: The BJP Thursday demanded dismissal of the state government for "discriminating" against the Jammu region and requested Governor N N Vohra to dissolve the House.
"I appeal to the Governor to recommend dissolution of the Assembly," party`s state president Jugal Kishore Sharma, who was suspended from taking part in Assebly proceedings for rest of the Budget session, said.
He accused the government of not paying heed to questions related to the development of Jammu region.
BJP legislators are boycotting the Assembly proceedings over Sharma`s suspension by Speaker Mubark Gul for his alleged misbehaviour with a state minister.
On his suspension, Sharma alleged that whosoever is raising the issue (of discrimination), is intentionally excluded from the Assembly proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief