BJP accuses Omar of changing his stand on issues
Jammu: The BJP on Saturday accused Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah of frequently changing his stand on several issues, including that on AFSPA.
"In his Independence Day speech in 2011, Omar had vowed to get AFSPA revoked immediately.
"But, during his address this year on August 15 he said that AFSPA cannot go for the time being," BJP J and K chief Shamsher Singh Manhas told reporters here.
"Omar needs to clear his stand on several provocative issues raised by him from time to time rather than frequently changing his stand," he said.
Manhas alleged that Omar and his followers had given several statements over the issue of Amarnath pilgrimage.
"Such statements show that the NC leadership indulges in childish acts which cannot be accepted as the line of a political party," he said.
Meanwhile, BJP National Executive member and state chief spokesperson Jitendra Singh said the party had set a target of over 20,000 new members from Reasi district.
He said the membership week being observed from August 17 to 24 had offered an opportunity to party members to reach out to the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared