BJP holds protests over Omar Abdullah`s remarks targeting BJP MLAs
Jammu: Flaying Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s remarks targeting BJP MLAs "for enacting drama for news camera", several BJP activists on Tuesday held protest demonstrations in the winter capital.
BJP MLAs had yesterday interrupted proceedings of a meeting here attended by the Chief Minister who later accused them of "enacting drama for news camera".
Holding protest demonstrations in various parts of the city, the BJP leaders also accused Omar of insulting the "dogri pagdi` at the meeting.
Omar, during the yesterday`s meeting interruption, had also said, "By wearing headgear, one cannot become the leader of Jammu but by working hard from his heart and soul, he becomes the leader of Jammu."
However, National Conference today termed the allegation of BJP that Omar has insulted the "dogri pagdi" by his comments as "totally baseless and far from facts".
BJP activists held protest demonstrations at Maheshpura, Raghunath Bazar, Kachi Chawni Chowk and Gandhi Nagar areas in Jammu City, police said.
BJYM state president Ravinder Raina and mahila morcha state president Priya Sethi held protest at Kachi Chawni Chowk and burnt the effigy of Omar Abdullah.
"Whatever Omar Abdullah said about dogri pagdi in a function at Jammu club yesterday is disrespect and insult of the entire dogra community," Raina said.
However, refuting all allegations as totally false, National Conference chief of Jammu region, Devender Singh Rana said, "The Chief Minister did not referred to dogri pagdi at all. I have with me the TV footage -- recording of entire speech. I am ready to show you to prove the allegation wrong," the NC leader said.
"What all he (Omar) said that by wearing a headgear, one cannot portray himself to be representative of Jammu and for that you will have to work hard," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!