BJP supports Sangma to address aspiration of tribals: Irani
Jammu: BJP leader Smriti Irani on Friday said that her party supports the candidature of P A Sangma for the Presidential election to give a boost to the aspirations of the tribals and the Northeast region.
"BJP has supported the candidature of the tribal leader from Northeast P Sangma in order to provide equal opportunities to the region and tribal people...," Irani told reporters here.
"We does not believe in slogans and statement like Congress, which claims that they well wishers of poor and tribal people of the country...," she said.
People from the Northeast have always raised the issue with the party that they are not given equal opportunities when it comes to power, the Rajya Sabha member said.
The BJP by supporting Sangma has tried to clear this misconception of people from the region, she said.
Asked about the Prime Ministerial candidate of the NDA, Irani said that BJP will inform NDA allies once it decides on its candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail