BJP takes out anti-corruption rally in Leh
Jammu: Expressing its support to the
movement against corruption led by Anna Hazare, the Bhartiya
Janta Party held a demonstration against the UPA government in
Leh town of Ladakh region.
Led by J and K BJP General Secretary Satish Sharma
and former MP Thupstan Chewang, party activists took out a
march in support of Anna in Leh town last evening, a party
Raising anti-UPA government and pro-Anna slogans, the
rally passed through various marketplaces before cluminating
at the office of the Deputy Commissioner and Chief Executive
Officer (CEO) of Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council
Demanding an early passage of a strong Jan Lokpal
Bill, Sharma and Chewang asked the Centre to accept the bill
as per wishes and aspiration of millions of Indians.
They also decided to extend full support to Anna
Hazare in his movement against corruption.
All shops were closed during the rally.
The copy of Government version of the Lokpal Bill was
burnt amid sloganeering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?