BJP takes out anti-corruption rally in Leh
Jammu: Expressing its support to the
movement against corruption led by Anna Hazare, the Bhartiya
Janta Party held a demonstration against the UPA government in
Leh town of Ladakh region.
Led by J and K BJP General Secretary Satish Sharma
and former MP Thupstan Chewang, party activists took out a
march in support of Anna in Leh town last evening, a party
Raising anti-UPA government and pro-Anna slogans, the
rally passed through various marketplaces before cluminating
at the office of the Deputy Commissioner and Chief Executive
Officer (CEO) of Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council
Demanding an early passage of a strong Jan Lokpal
Bill, Sharma and Chewang asked the Centre to accept the bill
as per wishes and aspiration of millions of Indians.
They also decided to extend full support to Anna
Hazare in his movement against corruption.
All shops were closed during the rally.
The copy of Government version of the Lokpal Bill was
burnt amid sloganeering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble