BJP to generate holistic debate on Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu: Slamming the ruling elite for misusing Article 370 to the hilt, BJP in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday resolved to conduct a holistic debate on Article 370 so that it is abrogated.
In a political resolution adopted at a meeting of the party`s state unit, the BJP decided on a number of proposals, including the generating a debate on the Article and providing rights to minorities like Kashmiri Hindus, Pakistani refugees and women married to non-state subjects.
"BJP resolves to generate holistic debate on Article 370 so that it is abrogated," the resolution said.
"The common refrain of all these neglected communities is that the ruling elite has been misusing Article 370 to the hilt to harm their legitimate rights and interests," Prof Hari Om, political advisor to state BJP president Jugal Kishore Sharma, told reporters here.
Besides this, the BJP would work towards forcing the state to grant rights to minorities like SCs, STs, OBCs, and others, available to their counterparts in the rest of country, he said.
Reservation of at least three seats out of the 46 Assembly seats in the state Assembly for Kashmir Hindus and Sikhs, granting of full citizenship rights for women of the state married to non-state subjects, and their children, also for refugees from West Pakistan, granting of UT status for Ladakh were among some of the proposals adopted at the meeting.
Om said the BJP would work "overtime" to ensure maximum number of seats for the party in the Lok Sabha elections from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day