BJP wants Kashmir issue resolution within ambit of humanity
Srinagar: BJP Wednesday said it is willing for a
resolution of Kashmir issue within the ambit of justice and humanity.
"We want peace and prosperity in Jammu and Kashmir. We
want resolution of the problems on the basis of `insaaf` (justice) and `insaniyat` (humanity)," senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
Singh is leading a six-member BJP MPs team, which is on
a four-day tour to Jammu and Kashmir that began on April 11 to
understand the problems of the people and "prepare a road map"
for the state.
"We are willing to meet even those who consider Kashmir
as a dispute but we will not knock at anybody`s door," he said
referring to separatists.
We have come with an open and clear mind and will listen
to all sections of the society, the BJP leader said, adding
that the team will formulate a comprehensive report and submit
it to the BJP president.
"The important issues brought before the team will also
be raised in the parliament...From time to time voices of
discrimination are emanating from one region or the other
region in the state. We want to find out the actual
situation," he said.
In the first leg, the team visited Jammu for two days and
met around 25 delegations. "We are scheduled to meet 15
delegations here during our two days stay but the number can
go up," he said.
He said if the team feels the need, it would visit the
state again before finalising its report.
In response to a question, the former BJP president said
the delegation will study the Armed Forces Special Powers Act
and the feasibility to continue it in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi