Body of missing jawan recovered from river in J&K
Srinagar: Body of a Border Security Force (BSF) jawan, who went "missing" near LoC last year, was recovered from a river in Bandipora district of north Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
Head Constable Krishan Anand Tawari of 113 Bn. BSF, posted near the LoC in Gurez sector, had gone missing following floods in Kishan Ganga river near Barroie village Bridge Camp on August 21 last year and was feared drowned, they said.
A massive rescue operation was launched but the jawan could not be traced and the operation was suspended due to heavy snowfall. However, his body was recovered near Wanipora Bridge, 120 kms from here, in Bandipora district yesterday.,
The body has been referred to District Hospital, Bandipora from Sub District Hospital Gurez for medico-legal formalities,
An inquest proceedings under section 174 CrPC has been initiated in this regard, police added.
Meanwhile, body of an eight year old boy was fished out from a stream in south Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
A class II student, Asif Ahmad Gujjar of Gutoora Gujjar Basti in Awantipora area, had slipped in Nallah Akbar and was drowned in the stream, police said.
The body of the boy was fished out late yesterday and handed over to his relatives for last rites, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you