Body of missing jawan recovered from river in J&K
Srinagar: Body of a Border Security Force (BSF) jawan, who went "missing" near LoC last year, was recovered from a river in Bandipora district of north Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
Head Constable Krishan Anand Tawari of 113 Bn. BSF, posted near the LoC in Gurez sector, had gone missing following floods in Kishan Ganga river near Barroie village Bridge Camp on August 21 last year and was feared drowned, they said.
A massive rescue operation was launched but the jawan could not be traced and the operation was suspended due to heavy snowfall. However, his body was recovered near Wanipora Bridge, 120 kms from here, in Bandipora district yesterday.,
The body has been referred to District Hospital, Bandipora from Sub District Hospital Gurez for medico-legal formalities,
An inquest proceedings under section 174 CrPC has been initiated in this regard, police added.
Meanwhile, body of an eight year old boy was fished out from a stream in south Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
A class II student, Asif Ahmad Gujjar of Gutoora Gujjar Basti in Awantipora area, had slipped in Nallah Akbar and was drowned in the stream, police said.
The body of the boy was fished out late yesterday and handed over to his relatives for last rites, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LIVE Brexit fallout: Europe triggers sell-off, Sensex falls over 100 points
- Euro 2016: France beat Ireland 2-1; Germany thrash Slovakia 3-0; Belgium crush Hungary 4-0
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav expands Cabinet for 7th time, Balram Yadav re-inducted
- Christians should ask gay community for forgiveness for past treatment: Pope Francis
- Can you SPOT Aamir Khan in this picture? SEE inside