BSF jawan injured in accidental firing
Jammu: A Border Security Force (BSF) jawan was injured in accidental firing when he was patrolling along the Indo-Pak border in Arnia belt of Jammu district.
Naresh Kumar was allegedly under the influence of liquor while on duty late last night when the incident occurred, an officer said on Friday.
He was hit by three bullets in his leg after which he was hospitalised by police, the officer said, adding that another BSF jawan Pawan Kumar was also patrolling with him in the area.
The court of inquiry has been ordered into the incident by BSF authorities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi