Cold wave persists in Kashmir
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions continued across Kashmir Valley, even as minimum temperatures in Ladakh region appreciated by several degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius, same as the previous night, a MeT official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.2 degrees Celsius against yesterday`s minus 1.0 degrees Celsius.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 7.8 degrees Celsius compared to yesterday`s minus 8.6 degrees Celsius.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 3.6 degrees Celsius against minus 1.9 degrees Celsius recorded the previous night, he said.
The minimum night temperature in Kokernag settled at 0.2 degrees Celsius while Kupwara recorded a low of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures.
While Leh recorded a low of minus 12.6 degrees Celsius, Kargil recorded minus 12.4 degrees Celsius, compared to the previous night`s minus 14.1 degrees Celsius and minus 16.0 degrees Celsius respectively, he added.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi
- VITEEE 2016 exam results declared! Check VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ranks now