Cold wave persists in Kashmir
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions continued across Kashmir Valley, even as minimum temperatures in Ladakh region appreciated by several degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius, same as the previous night, a MeT official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.2 degrees Celsius against yesterday`s minus 1.0 degrees Celsius.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 7.8 degrees Celsius compared to yesterday`s minus 8.6 degrees Celsius.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 3.6 degrees Celsius against minus 1.9 degrees Celsius recorded the previous night, he said.
The minimum night temperature in Kokernag settled at 0.2 degrees Celsius while Kupwara recorded a low of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures.
While Leh recorded a low of minus 12.6 degrees Celsius, Kargil recorded minus 12.4 degrees Celsius, compared to the previous night`s minus 14.1 degrees Celsius and minus 16.0 degrees Celsius respectively, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack