Cold wave persists in Kashmir
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions continued across Kashmir Valley, even as minimum temperatures in Ladakh region appreciated by several degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius, same as the previous night, a MeT official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.2 degrees Celsius against yesterday`s minus 1.0 degrees Celsius.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 7.8 degrees Celsius compared to yesterday`s minus 8.6 degrees Celsius.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 3.6 degrees Celsius against minus 1.9 degrees Celsius recorded the previous night, he said.
The minimum night temperature in Kokernag settled at 0.2 degrees Celsius while Kupwara recorded a low of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures.
While Leh recorded a low of minus 12.6 degrees Celsius, Kargil recorded minus 12.4 degrees Celsius, compared to the previous night`s minus 14.1 degrees Celsius and minus 16.0 degrees Celsius respectively, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees