Cold wave persists in Kashmir
Srinagar: Cold wave conditions continued across Kashmir Valley, even as minimum temperatures in Ladakh region appreciated by several degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius, same as the previous night, a MeT official said.
He said Qazigund recorded a minimum temperature of minus 1.2 degrees Celsius against yesterday`s minus 1.0 degrees Celsius.
Gulmarg skiing resort in north Kashmir was the coldest place in the Valley where mercury settled at minus 7.8 degrees Celsius compared to yesterday`s minus 8.6 degrees Celsius.
Pahalgam resort in south Kashmir recorded a low of minus 3.6 degrees Celsius against minus 1.9 degrees Celsius recorded the previous night, he said.
The minimum night temperature in Kokernag settled at 0.2 degrees Celsius while Kupwara recorded a low of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region witnessed a slight increase in night temperatures.
While Leh recorded a low of minus 12.6 degrees Celsius, Kargil recorded minus 12.4 degrees Celsius, compared to the previous night`s minus 14.1 degrees Celsius and minus 16.0 degrees Celsius respectively, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered