Communal harmony substratum of cultural ethos of J&K: Mir
Jammu: Emphasising the rich tradition of the state to celebrate different festivals with amity, the Minister for Tourism GA Mir on Sunday called for strengthening the diverse culture of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Celebrating festivals together with amity is the hallmark of our glorious cultural ethos," Mir said while addressing at `Navreh Milan` function organised by Migrants Co-ordination Committee Doru-Shahbad here today.
"Navreh festival symbolises the virtue of piety and devotion. The tradition of celebrating Navreh together by Kashmiri Pandit`s and Muslims in Kashmir symbolises the bonds of harmony and brotherhood," he said.
The minister said that communal harmony had been the "substratum" of the pluralistic culture and heritage of Jammu and Kashmir.
He assured Kashmiri migrants, especially those belonging from Doru constituency, that all their genuine demands would be taken up with the concerned quarter on priority.
Mir said that due care is being given to protect the properties of migrants and their pilgrim sites.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?