Communal harmony substratum of cultural ethos of J&K: Mir
Jammu: Emphasising the rich tradition of the state to celebrate different festivals with amity, the Minister for Tourism GA Mir on Sunday called for strengthening the diverse culture of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Celebrating festivals together with amity is the hallmark of our glorious cultural ethos," Mir said while addressing at `Navreh Milan` function organised by Migrants Co-ordination Committee Doru-Shahbad here today.
"Navreh festival symbolises the virtue of piety and devotion. The tradition of celebrating Navreh together by Kashmiri Pandit`s and Muslims in Kashmir symbolises the bonds of harmony and brotherhood," he said.
The minister said that communal harmony had been the "substratum" of the pluralistic culture and heritage of Jammu and Kashmir.
He assured Kashmiri migrants, especially those belonging from Doru constituency, that all their genuine demands would be taken up with the concerned quarter on priority.
Mir said that due care is being given to protect the properties of migrants and their pilgrim sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason