Communal harmony substratum of cultural ethos of J&K: Mir
Jammu: Emphasising the rich tradition of the state to celebrate different festivals with amity, the Minister for Tourism GA Mir on Sunday called for strengthening the diverse culture of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Celebrating festivals together with amity is the hallmark of our glorious cultural ethos," Mir said while addressing at `Navreh Milan` function organised by Migrants Co-ordination Committee Doru-Shahbad here today.
"Navreh festival symbolises the virtue of piety and devotion. The tradition of celebrating Navreh together by Kashmiri Pandit`s and Muslims in Kashmir symbolises the bonds of harmony and brotherhood," he said.
The minister said that communal harmony had been the "substratum" of the pluralistic culture and heritage of Jammu and Kashmir.
He assured Kashmiri migrants, especially those belonging from Doru constituency, that all their genuine demands would be taken up with the concerned quarter on priority.
Mir said that due care is being given to protect the properties of migrants and their pilgrim sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read