Communal harmony substratum of cultural ethos of J&K: Mir
Jammu: Emphasising the rich tradition of the state to celebrate different festivals with amity, the Minister for Tourism GA Mir on Sunday called for strengthening the diverse culture of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Celebrating festivals together with amity is the hallmark of our glorious cultural ethos," Mir said while addressing at `Navreh Milan` function organised by Migrants Co-ordination Committee Doru-Shahbad here today.
"Navreh festival symbolises the virtue of piety and devotion. The tradition of celebrating Navreh together by Kashmiri Pandit`s and Muslims in Kashmir symbolises the bonds of harmony and brotherhood," he said.
The minister said that communal harmony had been the "substratum" of the pluralistic culture and heritage of Jammu and Kashmir.
He assured Kashmiri migrants, especially those belonging from Doru constituency, that all their genuine demands would be taken up with the concerned quarter on priority.
Mir said that due care is being given to protect the properties of migrants and their pilgrim sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown