CRPF bunker removed from Srinagar`s old city area
Srinagar: With security situation in Kashmir
Valley improving, a CRPF bunker, constructed at the onset of
militancy in 1991 in old city area, was on Monday removed.
The bunker was removed from Gudoodbagh area of the city on
Nai Sarak and there are plans to remove two more security
pickets from the old city, officials said.
The removal of the bunker was a long-pending demand of
residents of the old city as it was blocking one tube of the
pivotal road connecting old city to commercial hub of Lal
The process of reducing the number of security pickets
in Kashmir was started in late 2010, following recommendations
of the three-member panel of interlocutors.
More than 40 security bunkers have been removed from
the city so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'