CRPF bunker removed from Srinagar`s old city area
Srinagar: With security situation in Kashmir
Valley improving, a CRPF bunker, constructed at the onset of
militancy in 1991 in old city area, was on Monday removed.
The bunker was removed from Gudoodbagh area of the city on
Nai Sarak and there are plans to remove two more security
pickets from the old city, officials said.
The removal of the bunker was a long-pending demand of
residents of the old city as it was blocking one tube of the
pivotal road connecting old city to commercial hub of Lal
The process of reducing the number of security pickets
in Kashmir was started in late 2010, following recommendations
of the three-member panel of interlocutors.
More than 40 security bunkers have been removed from
the city so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi