CRPF bunker removed from Srinagar`s old city area
Srinagar: With security situation in Kashmir
Valley improving, a CRPF bunker, constructed at the onset of
militancy in 1991 in old city area, was on Monday removed.
The bunker was removed from Gudoodbagh area of the city on
Nai Sarak and there are plans to remove two more security
pickets from the old city, officials said.
The removal of the bunker was a long-pending demand of
residents of the old city as it was blocking one tube of the
pivotal road connecting old city to commercial hub of Lal
The process of reducing the number of security pickets
in Kashmir was started in late 2010, following recommendations
of the three-member panel of interlocutors.
More than 40 security bunkers have been removed from
the city so far.
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh
- NEET 2016: 2nd phase to be held on July 24; Centre and CBSE should start preparations, says Supreme Court
- 12 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists detained as Delhi Police foils major terror plot, seizes explosives