CRPF bunker removed from Srinagar`s old city area
Srinagar: With security situation in Kashmir
Valley improving, a CRPF bunker, constructed at the onset of
militancy in 1991 in old city area, was on Monday removed.
The bunker was removed from Gudoodbagh area of the city on
Nai Sarak and there are plans to remove two more security
pickets from the old city, officials said.
The removal of the bunker was a long-pending demand of
residents of the old city as it was blocking one tube of the
pivotal road connecting old city to commercial hub of Lal
The process of reducing the number of security pickets
in Kashmir was started in late 2010, following recommendations
of the three-member panel of interlocutors.
More than 40 security bunkers have been removed from
the city so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez