CRPF bunker removed from Srinagar`s old city area
Srinagar: With security situation in Kashmir
Valley improving, a CRPF bunker, constructed at the onset of
militancy in 1991 in old city area, was on Monday removed.
The bunker was removed from Gudoodbagh area of the city on
Nai Sarak and there are plans to remove two more security
pickets from the old city, officials said.
The removal of the bunker was a long-pending demand of
residents of the old city as it was blocking one tube of the
pivotal road connecting old city to commercial hub of Lal
The process of reducing the number of security pickets
in Kashmir was started in late 2010, following recommendations
of the three-member panel of interlocutors.
More than 40 security bunkers have been removed from
the city so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!