Curfew remains in force in Shopian
Srinagar: Curfew continued for third day on Tuesday in parts of Shopian district in south Kashmir following killing of four persons in a firing incident on Saturday, police said.
"Curfew remains in force in parts of Shopian district as a precautionary measure," a police spokesman said.
He said the prohibitory orders have, however, been lifted from Zainapora police station area in Shopian district while curfew was lifted yesterday from nearby Kulgam town following improvement in law and order situation.
Curfew was imposed in police station areas of Shopian, Zainapora and Kulgam as a precautionary measure yesterday after four persons were killed in a firing by CRPF personnel following an attack on their camp by militants on Saturday.
Police and paramilitary CRPF were deployed in strength in the two districts to maintain law and order.
Violent protests were witnessed in Shopian town and adjoining areas after the firing incident.
Police has admitted that three of the persons killed in CRPF firing were civilians while the fourth was a Pakistani militant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love