Curfew remains in force in Shopian
Srinagar: Curfew continued for third day on Tuesday in parts of Shopian district in south Kashmir following killing of four persons in a firing incident on Saturday, police said.
"Curfew remains in force in parts of Shopian district as a precautionary measure," a police spokesman said.
He said the prohibitory orders have, however, been lifted from Zainapora police station area in Shopian district while curfew was lifted yesterday from nearby Kulgam town following improvement in law and order situation.
Curfew was imposed in police station areas of Shopian, Zainapora and Kulgam as a precautionary measure yesterday after four persons were killed in a firing by CRPF personnel following an attack on their camp by militants on Saturday.
Police and paramilitary CRPF were deployed in strength in the two districts to maintain law and order.
Violent protests were witnessed in Shopian town and adjoining areas after the firing incident.
Police has admitted that three of the persons killed in CRPF firing were civilians while the fourth was a Pakistani militant.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive