Curfew remains in force in Shopian
Srinagar: Curfew continued for third day on Tuesday in parts of Shopian district in south Kashmir following killing of four persons in a firing incident on Saturday, police said.
"Curfew remains in force in parts of Shopian district as a precautionary measure," a police spokesman said.
He said the prohibitory orders have, however, been lifted from Zainapora police station area in Shopian district while curfew was lifted yesterday from nearby Kulgam town following improvement in law and order situation.
Curfew was imposed in police station areas of Shopian, Zainapora and Kulgam as a precautionary measure yesterday after four persons were killed in a firing by CRPF personnel following an attack on their camp by militants on Saturday.
Police and paramilitary CRPF were deployed in strength in the two districts to maintain law and order.
Violent protests were witnessed in Shopian town and adjoining areas after the firing incident.
Police has admitted that three of the persons killed in CRPF firing were civilians while the fourth was a Pakistani militant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'