Farooq Abdullah orders probe into JKCA fund scam
Srinagar: An in-house probe by a four-member team was ordered Thursday by Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) president Farooq Abdullah into the multi-crore fund scam in the cricket body.
"JKCA president, Dr. Farooq Abdullah today nominated four members of the association`s working committee to carry out an in-house probe into the reported misappropriation of funds," sources in the association said.
"Four members namely Amarinder Singh Micky, Muhammad Ashraf Bhat, Ashinder Koul and Sham Kalkotra have been entrusted with the job to probe the reported misappropriation and submit their report.
"The in-house probe will also identify genuine and fake representatives of various cricket clubs in the state with whose representation the JKCA working committee is formed," sources in the association said.
In another related development, Abdullah also ousted the JKCA chairman, Muhammad Aslam Goni against whom majority of the association`s working committee members had expressed resentment for allegedly messing up affairs of the association.
Goni had recently been deputed by the BCCI as team manager with the Indian cricket team for its T20 match with South Africa in Johannesburg.
A multi-crore fund scam was unearthed in the JKCA two months back.
The JKCA receives huge funds from the BCCI for development of cricket infrastructure in the state.
The association has already lodged an FIR with the local police against its former treasurer and general secretary alleging that the duo had been responsible for swindling large sums of money from the association`s bank accounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi