Jammu: Fire broke out at a super speciality hospital here due to short-circuit in the battery bank affecting the power supply but no casualties were reported, hospital authorities said on Monday.
"Fire broke out due to short-circuit in the battery bank of the hospital resulting in total electricity blackout in the hospital yesterday," Medical Superintendent of the hospital, Dr Ramesh Gupta said.
Fire extinguishers were pressed into service and fire was brought under control, he said adding that there was no injury to any one among patients and staff in the fire.
He said following the fire incident, six patients were shifted to other wards of the hospital whereas a patient in the critical care unit had to be shifted to the nearby medical college hospital.
"The fire resulted in a total blackout of electricity in the hospital, however as of today electricity has been resorted to some portion of the hospital whereas work is on to restore power in remaining parts of the hospital", he added.