Five dead in Jammu & Kashmir accident
New Delhi: Five people were killed and four others injured in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district Thursday when a passenger vehicle rolled down a deep gorge, nearly 300 feet deep, at Z-Gali on the Machail-Kupwara Road, police said.
A police officer told reporters that the Tata Sumo passenger vehicle was coming from the Machail border town when its driver lost control Thursday afternoon.
“Five passengers of the ill-fated vehicle died, while four others have been injured in this accident. Relief and rescue teams have rushed to the accident site,” the police officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!