Five held, ten kg cannabis recovered in Jammu
Jammu: Five persons were arrested and ten
kilograms of cannabis was recovered from their possession in
two separate incidents in Jammu and Udhampur districts of the
state, police said here Monday.
Acting on a tip off, police arrested Kamalnain Singh of
Chatisinghpura and Manjeet Singh of Hatpura - both from
Anantnag district of the Valley, from Trikuta Nagar area of
Jammu city yesterday, they said.
The duo had brought six kilograms of the cannabis in two
taxis and later handed it over to a autodriver Naresh Kumar at
The taxis and auto were also impounded, police said,
adding a case has been registered against the accused under
Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act and further
investigations are on.
In an another incident, police arrested two persons,
Mukesh Kumar and Ramsaran of Thathri area in Doda district,
and recovered four kilograms of cannabis on Jammu-Srinagar
highway at Rehmbal area of Udhampur district, they said.
A case has been registered against them under NDPS Act
at Udhampur police station and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar