Five held, ten kg cannabis recovered in Jammu
Jammu: Five persons were arrested and ten
kilograms of cannabis was recovered from their possession in
two separate incidents in Jammu and Udhampur districts of the
state, police said here Monday.
Acting on a tip off, police arrested Kamalnain Singh of
Chatisinghpura and Manjeet Singh of Hatpura - both from
Anantnag district of the Valley, from Trikuta Nagar area of
Jammu city yesterday, they said.
The duo had brought six kilograms of the cannabis in two
taxis and later handed it over to a autodriver Naresh Kumar at
The taxis and auto were also impounded, police said,
adding a case has been registered against the accused under
Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act and further
investigations are on.
In an another incident, police arrested two persons,
Mukesh Kumar and Ramsaran of Thathri area in Doda district,
and recovered four kilograms of cannabis on Jammu-Srinagar
highway at Rehmbal area of Udhampur district, they said.
A case has been registered against them under NDPS Act
at Udhampur police station and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!