Five held, ten kg cannabis recovered in Jammu
Jammu: Five persons were arrested and ten
kilograms of cannabis was recovered from their possession in
two separate incidents in Jammu and Udhampur districts of the
state, police said here Monday.
Acting on a tip off, police arrested Kamalnain Singh of
Chatisinghpura and Manjeet Singh of Hatpura - both from
Anantnag district of the Valley, from Trikuta Nagar area of
Jammu city yesterday, they said.
The duo had brought six kilograms of the cannabis in two
taxis and later handed it over to a autodriver Naresh Kumar at
The taxis and auto were also impounded, police said,
adding a case has been registered against the accused under
Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act and further
investigations are on.
In an another incident, police arrested two persons,
Mukesh Kumar and Ramsaran of Thathri area in Doda district,
and recovered four kilograms of cannabis on Jammu-Srinagar
highway at Rehmbal area of Udhampur district, they said.
A case has been registered against them under NDPS Act
at Udhampur police station and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary