Five held, ten kg cannabis recovered in Jammu
Jammu: Five persons were arrested and ten
kilograms of cannabis was recovered from their possession in
two separate incidents in Jammu and Udhampur districts of the
state, police said here Monday.
Acting on a tip off, police arrested Kamalnain Singh of
Chatisinghpura and Manjeet Singh of Hatpura - both from
Anantnag district of the Valley, from Trikuta Nagar area of
Jammu city yesterday, they said.
The duo had brought six kilograms of the cannabis in two
taxis and later handed it over to a autodriver Naresh Kumar at
The taxis and auto were also impounded, police said,
adding a case has been registered against the accused under
Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act and further
investigations are on.
In an another incident, police arrested two persons,
Mukesh Kumar and Ramsaran of Thathri area in Doda district,
and recovered four kilograms of cannabis on Jammu-Srinagar
highway at Rehmbal area of Udhampur district, they said.
A case has been registered against them under NDPS Act
at Udhampur police station and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH