Four Hizbul militants arrested in Kashmir
Srinagar: Four militants of Hizbul Mujahideen have been arrested from Shopian district of Kashmir and a huge quantity of arms and ammunition recovered from their possession, police on Sunday said.
"Four militants of Hizbul Mujhadeen were arrested by a joint team of police, army and CRPF from Shopian, dealing a strong blow to the attempts of senior commanders of the outfit from across (the Line of Control) to revive militancy in the area," a police spokesman said.
The arrested militants have been identified as Altaf Ganaie, Adil Shah, Sadam Shah and Zahid She, the spokesman said.
He said four AK 47 rifles, 16 magazines and 500 rounds of ammunition were seized from the arrested militants.
The spokesman said several overground workers of the outfit have also been detained.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife