Four Hizbul militants arrested in Kashmir
Srinagar: Four militants of Hizbul Mujahideen have been arrested from Shopian district of Kashmir and a huge quantity of arms and ammunition recovered from their possession, police on Sunday said.
"Four militants of Hizbul Mujhadeen were arrested by a joint team of police, army and CRPF from Shopian, dealing a strong blow to the attempts of senior commanders of the outfit from across (the Line of Control) to revive militancy in the area," a police spokesman said.
The arrested militants have been identified as Altaf Ganaie, Adil Shah, Sadam Shah and Zahid She, the spokesman said.
He said four AK 47 rifles, 16 magazines and 500 rounds of ammunition were seized from the arrested militants.
The spokesman said several overground workers of the outfit have also been detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself