Four Hizbul militants arrested in Kashmir
Srinagar: Four militants of Hizbul Mujahideen have been arrested from Shopian district of Kashmir and a huge quantity of arms and ammunition recovered from their possession, police on Sunday said.
"Four militants of Hizbul Mujhadeen were arrested by a joint team of police, army and CRPF from Shopian, dealing a strong blow to the attempts of senior commanders of the outfit from across (the Line of Control) to revive militancy in the area," a police spokesman said.
The arrested militants have been identified as Altaf Ganaie, Adil Shah, Sadam Shah and Zahid She, the spokesman said.
He said four AK 47 rifles, 16 magazines and 500 rounds of ammunition were seized from the arrested militants.
The spokesman said several overground workers of the outfit have also been detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says