Fresh batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,186 pilgrims on Wednesday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 2,699 men, 929 women, 64 children and 494 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 127 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours.
With today`s batch, as many as 61,043 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed