Fresh batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,186 pilgrims on Wednesday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 2,699 men, 929 women, 64 children and 494 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 127 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours.
With today`s batch, as many as 61,043 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP