Fresh batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,186 pilgrims on Wednesday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 2,699 men, 929 women, 64 children and 494 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 127 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours.
With today`s batch, as many as 61,043 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj