Fresh snowfall in parts of Kashmir Valley, temp drops
Srinagar: A fresh bout of snowfall lashed parts of Kashmir Valley, including tourist resort Gulmarg, while Srinagar and other parts of the region witnessed rains.
The night temperatures across the Kashmir Valley dropped slightly with Srinagar recording a low of 2.2 degrees Celsius as against the previous night`s 4.1 deg C, an official of Meteorological department said.
Srinagar received 2.6 mm rainfall during the night.
In the gateway town of Qazigund in south Kashmir the mercury settled at a low of 1.2 deg C during the night. The minimum night temperature was 2.6 deg C yesterday, Met said.
The night temperature in Kokernag remained the same as the previous night`s low of 1.1 deg C, he said.
In north Kashmir`s Kupwara town, where the previous night`s low was 1.7 deg C, the minimum settled at 0.6 deg C.
Kupwara received around 7 cms of fresh snowfall, the Met spokesman said.
Gulmarg resort in north Kashmir recorded a low of minus 5 deg C, two notches up from the previous night`s minus 7 deg C.
The resort recorded 11 inches of fresh snowfall, the spokesman said
Pahalgam resort in south recorded a low of 0.2 deg C, up from the yesterday`s minus 3.2 deg C, as the hill resort recorded 2 cms of fresh snowfall.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region continued to reel under severe cold. While Kargil recorded a low of minus 12 deg C, the mercury settled at minus 5.0 deg C in Leh town.
The weatherman has forecast heavy snowfall across Kashmir Valley over the next few days, which is likely to disrupt road and air traffic during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks