Fresh snowfall in parts of Kashmir Valley, temp drops
Srinagar: A fresh bout of snowfall lashed parts of Kashmir Valley, including tourist resort Gulmarg, while Srinagar and other parts of the region witnessed rains.
The night temperatures across the Kashmir Valley dropped slightly with Srinagar recording a low of 2.2 degrees Celsius as against the previous night`s 4.1 deg C, an official of Meteorological department said.
Srinagar received 2.6 mm rainfall during the night.
In the gateway town of Qazigund in south Kashmir the mercury settled at a low of 1.2 deg C during the night. The minimum night temperature was 2.6 deg C yesterday, Met said.
The night temperature in Kokernag remained the same as the previous night`s low of 1.1 deg C, he said.
In north Kashmir`s Kupwara town, where the previous night`s low was 1.7 deg C, the minimum settled at 0.6 deg C.
Kupwara received around 7 cms of fresh snowfall, the Met spokesman said.
Gulmarg resort in north Kashmir recorded a low of minus 5 deg C, two notches up from the previous night`s minus 7 deg C.
The resort recorded 11 inches of fresh snowfall, the spokesman said
Pahalgam resort in south recorded a low of 0.2 deg C, up from the yesterday`s minus 3.2 deg C, as the hill resort recorded 2 cms of fresh snowfall.
Leh and Kargil towns in Ladakh region continued to reel under severe cold. While Kargil recorded a low of minus 12 deg C, the mercury settled at minus 5.0 deg C in Leh town.
The weatherman has forecast heavy snowfall across Kashmir Valley over the next few days, which is likely to disrupt road and air traffic during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back