Geelani calls for general strike against fake drugs scandal
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Tuesday called for a general strike on Saturday against the fake drugs scandal and to press for registration of criminal case against the former Health Minister.
"Geelani has called for complete shutdown on Saturday, April 20, against fake drug scandal," a spokesman of the hardline Hurriyat said in a statement.
A laboratory test of an anti-biotic supplied to hospitals in Kashmir had shown that the medicine was sub-standard and did not contain any amount of amoxycillin against 500 mg which was shown on the packing.
Geelani has demanded that an FIR be lodged against the then health Minister and official in-charge of procuring medicines for the hospitals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference