Geelani calls for general strike against fake drugs scandal
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Tuesday called for a general strike on Saturday against the fake drugs scandal and to press for registration of criminal case against the former Health Minister.
"Geelani has called for complete shutdown on Saturday, April 20, against fake drug scandal," a spokesman of the hardline Hurriyat said in a statement.
A laboratory test of an anti-biotic supplied to hospitals in Kashmir had shown that the medicine was sub-standard and did not contain any amount of amoxycillin against 500 mg which was shown on the packing.
Geelani has demanded that an FIR be lodged against the then health Minister and official in-charge of procuring medicines for the hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you