Geelani calls for general strike against fake drugs scandal
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Tuesday called for a general strike on Saturday against the fake drugs scandal and to press for registration of criminal case against the former Health Minister.
"Geelani has called for complete shutdown on Saturday, April 20, against fake drug scandal," a spokesman of the hardline Hurriyat said in a statement.
A laboratory test of an anti-biotic supplied to hospitals in Kashmir had shown that the medicine was sub-standard and did not contain any amount of amoxycillin against 500 mg which was shown on the packing.
Geelani has demanded that an FIR be lodged against the then health Minister and official in-charge of procuring medicines for the hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore