Geelani calls for general strike against fake drugs scandal
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Tuesday called for a general strike on Saturday against the fake drugs scandal and to press for registration of criminal case against the former Health Minister.
"Geelani has called for complete shutdown on Saturday, April 20, against fake drug scandal," a spokesman of the hardline Hurriyat said in a statement.
A laboratory test of an anti-biotic supplied to hospitals in Kashmir had shown that the medicine was sub-standard and did not contain any amount of amoxycillin against 500 mg which was shown on the packing.
Geelani has demanded that an FIR be lodged against the then health Minister and official in-charge of procuring medicines for the hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- PCB faces criticism for sending 4 media managers for England tour
- MDSU BSTC 2016 (bstcmdsu2016.com): Check Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University college allotment list 2016
- CBSE to conduct NEET-II on July 24
- BJP demands CBI enquiry into AAP leader Santosh Koli's death
- PCB: Shahryar Khan gets Nawaz Sharif's nod to continue as Chairman