Geelani gave recommendation for LeT militant
New Delhi: Pro-Pakistan hardliner Hurriyat chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani had given a recommendation letter to Lashkar-e-Toiba militant Athesham Malik, arrested by the Delhi Police, for getting a Pakistani Visa.
Official sources said a copy of the recommendation letter given by Geelani was found in the papers seized from 24-year old Malik.
The sources said recoveries made from Athesham, who had undergone a training in Pakistan in December, 2011, were material for fabrication of IED, including wires, flash powder used in crackers and sulphuric acid.
A laboratory technician, Malik was earlier associated with Lashkar in Sopore in Jammu and Kashmir and was arrested in 2007 along with two others.
When contacted, spokesperson for Geelani, Ayaz Akbar, said "we don`t know about this case. But generally, if any Kashmiri comes to Geelani sahab for recommendation, he gives
his recommendation only because they being Kashmiri. But then how can he know why he wants to go there and what his motive is"?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show to focus on building new enterprise
- DNA: Today in History, 26th August, 2016
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured