Geelani gave recommendation for LeT militant
New Delhi: Pro-Pakistan hardliner Hurriyat chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani had given a recommendation letter to Lashkar-e-Toiba militant Athesham Malik, arrested by the Delhi Police, for getting a Pakistani Visa.
Official sources said a copy of the recommendation letter given by Geelani was found in the papers seized from 24-year old Malik.
The sources said recoveries made from Athesham, who had undergone a training in Pakistan in December, 2011, were material for fabrication of IED, including wires, flash powder used in crackers and sulphuric acid.
A laboratory technician, Malik was earlier associated with Lashkar in Sopore in Jammu and Kashmir and was arrested in 2007 along with two others.
When contacted, spokesperson for Geelani, Ayaz Akbar, said "we don`t know about this case. But generally, if any Kashmiri comes to Geelani sahab for recommendation, he gives
his recommendation only because they being Kashmiri. But then how can he know why he wants to go there and what his motive is"?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery