Govt should talk directly to Governors, not through media: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said if the Central government wants to change some of the Governors in the country, it should directly talk to them rather than communicating through media.
"Unfortunately, Raj Bhavans have been pushed into political murk since long. I would have held NDA responsible, had the governments before it not done such things. If the new government wants to change some of the Governors, then it should talk to those Governors," Omar told reporters here.
The Chief Minister said the approach of communicating with the Governors through the media does not suit either the position of a Governor or the Central government.
"We don`t have any clarity yet if there has really been any talk with those Governors. Governors cannot be communicated through newspapers. If it is being thought that it (government) wants to change the Governors, then it is better that someone picks up a telephone and talks to them (Governors) and seeks their resignation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick