Hideout busted, large quantity of arms cache recovered
Jammu: A hideout was on Thursday busted by Army and police in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir and large quantity of arms and ammunition were recovered from it.
Acting on an intelligence report, Army and police launched a search operation in Gaonari forest belt of Reasi district and busted the hideout, police said.
The recoveries from the hideout included a AK magazine, 120 AK rounds, 35 Pika rounds, a hand grenade, three electronic detonators among other things.
Troops also recovered a large quantity of arms, ammunition and explosive material from Bakre Denar forest area of Mahore tehsil in Reasi district where two top Hizb militants, including self styled district commander Irfan and other militant Shabir, were killed in an encounter with police on October 5 night.
The recoveries included two AK 56-rifles, 190 rounds of AK, four AK magazines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez