Hideout of Delhi blast accused busted in J&K

Last Updated: Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 17:03

Jammu: Security forces on Sunday claimed to have busted hideout of two Hizbul Mujahideen commanders, wanted for their roles in 2011 Delhi High Court blast, in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.

Huge quantity of arms and ammunitions were seized from the hideout belonging to the Delhi blast accused Mohd Amin alias Jehangir and Shakir Hussain alias Chota Hafiz from high altitude forest belt of Kutmarg area in Kishtwar, official said.

The hideout was found after a joint operation was launched by troops of 11 Rastriya Rifles and Special Task Force (STF) of police after a tip-off, he said.

Jehangir is district commander of the militant group while Chota Hafiz is tehsil commander, the official said.

The hideout could easily accommodate 2-3 terrorists with sufficient stock, a senior police official said.

Four 302-rifles, one PIKA gun, one AK-47 rifle, four 12-bore and Topidar rifles, two RPG launchers, one UBGL launcher, two UBGL grenades, four rounds of RPG, one bomb of 60 mm, two magazines of SLR, four magazines of AK-47 rifle, nine gelatin sticks, ten electric detonator, 999 rounds of different weapons, one binocular (Pakistan make) and two hand grenades were seized from the spot.

"After the surrender of Hizbul terrorist Sajjad Ahmed alias Rizwan and killing of two more militants Amir Ali Kamal and Mohd Shafi Hajam the remaining terrorists Hafiz and Jehangir are disturbed," SP Kishtwar BS Tuti claimed.

They might be planning to hit back, he said.

Earlier on August 6, one of the accused militant in the Delhi blast was killed by security forces in Kishtwar district of the state.

11 people were killed and over 70 injured on September 7 2011 blast in the Delhi High Court premises.

PTI



First Published: Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 17:03

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus