High Security Registration Plates launched in J&K
Srinagar: Over 13 lakh vehicles in Jammu and Kashmir will be fitted with High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) with an in-built security mechanism to curb the menace of using unauthorised vehicles and check theft.
The HSRP will be fixed on commercial and non-commercial vehicles, Transport Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon said launching the system here on Thursday.
In pursuance of the Supreme Court`s order, fixation of HSRP is mandatory for every vehicle owner, Akhoon said.
He said the rate fixed for every Light or Heavy Vehicle is Rs 401/- per plate.
The Minister said the working of the Motor Vehicles Department has also been streamlined and with some innovative measures the Department has generated 85 per cent revenue during the last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16