High Security Registration Plates launched in J&K
Srinagar: Over 13 lakh vehicles in Jammu and Kashmir will be fitted with High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) with an in-built security mechanism to curb the menace of using unauthorised vehicles and check theft.
The HSRP will be fixed on commercial and non-commercial vehicles, Transport Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon said launching the system here on Thursday.
In pursuance of the Supreme Court`s order, fixation of HSRP is mandatory for every vehicle owner, Akhoon said.
He said the rate fixed for every Light or Heavy Vehicle is Rs 401/- per plate.
The Minister said the working of the Motor Vehicles Department has also been streamlined and with some innovative measures the Department has generated 85 per cent revenue during the last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi