Hizbul militant, 2 accomplices nabbed in J&K
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen militant, along with two of his accomplices, has been arrested from Kulgam district of south Kashmir.
According to the police, Mohammad Yousuf Magray was involved in an attack on a village head in June.
Acting on a tip-off, Kulgam Police intercepted a car in Damhaal area a few days ago and arrested Magray, a "B-category" militant of Pulwama, along with a former militant Shabir Ahmad.
The car owner, Abid Ahmad, was also arrested, police said.
Investigations have revealed that Magray was involved in an attack on Mohammad Sidiq Bhat of Gobbal village in the district on June 6, police said.
Bhat and his family members had escaped unhurt in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery