Hizbul militant, 2 accomplices nabbed in J&K
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen militant, along with two of his accomplices, has been arrested from Kulgam district of south Kashmir.
According to the police, Mohammad Yousuf Magray was involved in an attack on a village head in June.
Acting on a tip-off, Kulgam Police intercepted a car in Damhaal area a few days ago and arrested Magray, a "B-category" militant of Pulwama, along with a former militant Shabir Ahmad.
The car owner, Abid Ahmad, was also arrested, police said.
Investigations have revealed that Magray was involved in an attack on Mohammad Sidiq Bhat of Gobbal village in the district on June 6, police said.
Bhat and his family members had escaped unhurt in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert