Hizbul militant, 2 accomplices nabbed in J&K
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen militant, along with two of his accomplices, has been arrested from Kulgam district of south Kashmir.
According to the police, Mohammad Yousuf Magray was involved in an attack on a village head in June.
Acting on a tip-off, Kulgam Police intercepted a car in Damhaal area a few days ago and arrested Magray, a "B-category" militant of Pulwama, along with a former militant Shabir Ahmad.
The car owner, Abid Ahmad, was also arrested, police said.
Investigations have revealed that Magray was involved in an attack on Mohammad Sidiq Bhat of Gobbal village in the district on June 6, police said.
Bhat and his family members had escaped unhurt in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says