Hizbul Mujahideen claims responsibility for attack on BSF convoy in J&K
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: Hizbul Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the attack on BSF convoy at Pampore district in Jammu and Kashmir, some eleven kms from here, as per reports on Tuesday.
Hizbul Operational commander Baligudin reportedly confirmed the same to a local news agency in Srinagar.
Eight BSF personnel, including an officer, were injured when militants attacked their convoy in south Kashmir, police said today.
Militants opened fire on the BSF convoy at Kadlabal in Pampore town around midnight last night as the security personnel were returning to their camps after performing security duties for the 44-day Amarnath Yatra which concluded on Sunday, as per PTI.
The attack came ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s visit to the state today.
Eight BSF men including an Assistant Commandant were injured in the attack, the police said, adding the BSF personnel were travelling in two vehicles.
The injured have been admitted to Army`s 92 Base Hospital at Badamibagh here.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered