Hizbul Mujahideen claims responsibility for attack on BSF convoy in J&K
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: Hizbul Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the attack on BSF convoy at Pampore district in Jammu and Kashmir, some eleven kms from here, as per reports on Tuesday.
Hizbul Operational commander Baligudin reportedly confirmed the same to a local news agency in Srinagar.
Eight BSF personnel, including an officer, were injured when militants attacked their convoy in south Kashmir, police said today.
Militants opened fire on the BSF convoy at Kadlabal in Pampore town around midnight last night as the security personnel were returning to their camps after performing security duties for the 44-day Amarnath Yatra which concluded on Sunday, as per PTI.
The attack came ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s visit to the state today.
Eight BSF men including an Assistant Commandant were injured in the attack, the police said, adding the BSF personnel were travelling in two vehicles.
The injured have been admitted to Army`s 92 Base Hospital at Badamibagh here.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi