Hizbul Mujahideen claims responsibility for attack on BSF convoy in J&K
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: Hizbul Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the attack on BSF convoy at Pampore district in Jammu and Kashmir, some eleven kms from here, as per reports on Tuesday.
Hizbul Operational commander Baligudin reportedly confirmed the same to a local news agency in Srinagar.
Eight BSF personnel, including an officer, were injured when militants attacked their convoy in south Kashmir, police said today.
Militants opened fire on the BSF convoy at Kadlabal in Pampore town around midnight last night as the security personnel were returning to their camps after performing security duties for the 44-day Amarnath Yatra which concluded on Sunday, as per PTI.
The attack came ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s visit to the state today.
Eight BSF men including an Assistant Commandant were injured in the attack, the police said, adding the BSF personnel were travelling in two vehicles.
The injured have been admitted to Army`s 92 Base Hospital at Badamibagh here.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog