IED defused in Srinagar, tragedy averted
Srinagar: Security forces averted a major tragedy on the outskirts of Jammu and Kashmir`s summer capital Srinagar Tuesday by detecting and defusing an improvised explosive device (IED) on the Srinagar-Muzzafarabad highway.
A senior police officer said that a security force patrol detected the IED planted along the highway at Shalteng, around 12 km from city centre Lal Chowk.
Counter-insurgency troops of Rashtriya Rifles defused the IED, averting a major tragedy in the area, the officer said.
Traffic on the highway was halted for several hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical