IED detected, defused on Poonch highway
Poonch: An Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was on Thursday found by the security forces on the Jammu-Rajouri-Poonch highway in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
During a sanitation operation by Road Opening Party of the army, the device was detected on the highway at Darah- Jallas area in Mendhar belt in Poonch district, officials said.
The Bomb Disposal Squad rushed to the spot and defused the device safely, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it