IED detected, defused on Poonch highway
Poonch: An Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was on Thursday found by the security forces on the Jammu-Rajouri-Poonch highway in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
During a sanitation operation by Road Opening Party of the army, the device was detected on the highway at Darah- Jallas area in Mendhar belt in Poonch district, officials said.
The Bomb Disposal Squad rushed to the spot and defused the device safely, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional