IED detected, defused on Poonch highway
Poonch: An Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was on Thursday found by the security forces on the Jammu-Rajouri-Poonch highway in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
During a sanitation operation by Road Opening Party of the army, the device was detected on the highway at Darah- Jallas area in Mendhar belt in Poonch district, officials said.
The Bomb Disposal Squad rushed to the spot and defused the device safely, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed