IED detected, defused on Poonch highway
Poonch: An Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was on Thursday found by the security forces on the Jammu-Rajouri-Poonch highway in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
During a sanitation operation by Road Opening Party of the army, the device was detected on the highway at Darah- Jallas area in Mendhar belt in Poonch district, officials said.
The Bomb Disposal Squad rushed to the spot and defused the device safely, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!