IED detected, defused on Poonch highway
Poonch: An Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was on Thursday found by the security forces on the Jammu-Rajouri-Poonch highway in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
During a sanitation operation by Road Opening Party of the army, the device was detected on the highway at Darah- Jallas area in Mendhar belt in Poonch district, officials said.
The Bomb Disposal Squad rushed to the spot and defused the device safely, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users