Incidents of arson in Budgam, extra forces rushed to J&K
Srinagar: Extra security forces were rushed to Budgam on Tuesday to maintain peace in the wake of sectarian clashes in the central Jammu and Kashmir district since Friday.
There was loss of property in incidents of arson in certain areas as senior officials of police and state administration requested people to maintain calm.
Announcements were made on loudspeakers asking people not to pay heed to rumours that were being spread by people with vested interests.
Violence broke out in Sabdan, Galwanpora and Reshipora villages of Budgam on Friday night following dispute between two sects over construction of a village road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?