Indian Army to conduct more recruitment rallies in Kashmir
Srinagar: Overwhelmed by the response of
the youth to its week-long recruitment rally in Ganderbal
district, Army on Wednesday assured many more rallies to give greater
opportunity to all the aspirants of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We will have many more similar rallies to give
greater opportunity to all aspirants of Jammu and Kashmir. The
army is looking to enroll the best and brightest young men
from Kashmir," a defence spokesman said.
The recruitment rally at Sainik School Manasbal in
Ganderbal district, 30 kms from here, began on February 19 and
attracted thousands of candidates, most of whom were left
disappointed for varied reasons.
"Naturally, the process has to be merit based giving a
fair and impartial opportunity to all eligible Kashmiri youth.
Some of the candidates who have come here, do not have their
complete documents and some are overage," the spokesman said.
The rally, which will conclude on February 25, was
meant for recruitment of general duty soldiers, clerk, store
keeper, technical and nursing assistant, the spokesman said,
adding, the locals participated in the rally with great
"The rally is a step by the army to ameliorate the
conditions of unemployed youth of the Valley. The huge turnout
for recruitment despite inclement weather implies that the
army has carved a niche for itself in the hearts and minds of
Kashmiris as well as the civil administration," he said.
The spokesman said the youth have realised the
importance of the army and they want to join the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark