Isolated incidents do not reflect overall situation: J&K minister
Kathua (J&K): Claiming that the overall situation in the Valley had improved perceptibly, a Jammu and Kashmir minister today said isolated incidents could not be cited to suggest that the condition was alarming across the state.
"The situation has improved over the years in J&K; if you see an incident in a particular area, it does not mean that the situation is bad all over Kashmir," minister of State for Home Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo told reporters on the sidelines of a passing out parade of J&K police here.
The minister said that although the state has been grappling with militancy for 22 years now, the situation has of late been steadily improving.
He was responding to questions over recent incidents of militancy in north and south Kashmir.
An assistant sub-inspector was on May 10 shot dead by unidentified militants in Pulwama town, 32-km from Srinagar.
But allaying any concerns, the minister said that Army jawans were on constant alert to face any challenges to the security in the Valley.
"The flow of tourists (has kept) increasing. Even in winter, when Afzal Guru was hanged, there was no decline in the number of tourists coming to the Valley," Kichloo said.
He added that the government was taking several steps to facilitate tourism in the Valley by organising festivals and paying special attention to the several pilgrimages held in the state like Amarnath Yatra, Vaishno Devi Yatra, etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon