J&K: 100 mobile schools to come up for Gujjars, Bakerwals
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
has approved 100 mobile schools for the Gujjar and Bakerwal communities of the state to enable the children of the migratory population receive proper education.
The decision to set up 100 mobile schools for Gujjars
and Bakerwals, who migrate between Kashmir Valley and Jammu
region in search of pastures for their flock, was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here yesterday, an official spokesman said.
He said the Chief Minister sought a proposal for opening
of more such schools with adequate arrangements for the
Omar also directed for a comprehensive proposal for Mobile
Medical Centres (MMCs) for these communities to ensure their
health cover during migration from one place to another.
He asked the Health Department to move forward in this
direction early and work out a befitting strategy in this
The mobile school scheme for Gujjars and Bakerwals was
started by the chief minister`s grandfather Shiekh Mohammad
Abdullah during his tenure as Chief Minister but received set
back after the eruption of militancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks