J&K: 6,289 kg drug recovered at Lakhanpur ISTP
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday
said 6,289 kg narcotics have been recovered on inter-state
toll plaza at Lakhanpur in Kathua district in 2010.
In a written reply to a query of BJP member Chaman Lal
Gupta in the state Assembly, Finance Minister Abdul Rahim
Rather said 6,141 kg poppy and 148 kg cannabis were recovered
during the year 2010 at ISTP Lakhanpur.
Besides, 402 cases of Indian Made Foreign Liquor, 955
bottles of Rexcod syrup and 136 bottles of special IMFL were
also recovered, he said.
As many as 16 drug peddlers have been arrested in 2010, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?