J&K BJP activists court arrest over govt policies
Kathua: BJP activists on Thursday held a protest against both the Centre and state government over the alleged "anti-people" policies and later courted arrest in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kathua district.
Scores of BJP activists, including women, led by party`s senior leader Ashok Khajuria, held a protest against the UPA government and the NC-Congress alliance government in the state for initiating policies which were not in favour of people.
The protesters raised slogans against the Centre and state government and sat on dharna at Shaheed Bhagat Singh Park.
They later marched to Mini Secretariat to register their protest and courted arrest.
The police, meanwhile, stopped the protesters from entering Deputy Commissioner`s office premises and detained and sent them to district police lines.
Addressing the protesters, Khajuria condemned the price hike saying common man was bound to suffer due to the decision.
"NC-Congress government is dangerous in the state. It wants to divide the state and people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot