J&K BJP activists court arrest over govt policies
Kathua: BJP activists on Thursday held a protest against both the Centre and state government over the alleged "anti-people" policies and later courted arrest in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kathua district.
Scores of BJP activists, including women, led by party`s senior leader Ashok Khajuria, held a protest against the UPA government and the NC-Congress alliance government in the state for initiating policies which were not in favour of people.
The protesters raised slogans against the Centre and state government and sat on dharna at Shaheed Bhagat Singh Park.
They later marched to Mini Secretariat to register their protest and courted arrest.
The police, meanwhile, stopped the protesters from entering Deputy Commissioner`s office premises and detained and sent them to district police lines.
Addressing the protesters, Khajuria condemned the price hike saying common man was bound to suffer due to the decision.
"NC-Congress government is dangerous in the state. It wants to divide the state and people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why