J&K BJP activists court arrest over govt policies
Kathua: BJP activists on Thursday held a protest against both the Centre and state government over the alleged "anti-people" policies and later courted arrest in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kathua district.
Scores of BJP activists, including women, led by party`s senior leader Ashok Khajuria, held a protest against the UPA government and the NC-Congress alliance government in the state for initiating policies which were not in favour of people.
The protesters raised slogans against the Centre and state government and sat on dharna at Shaheed Bhagat Singh Park.
They later marched to Mini Secretariat to register their protest and courted arrest.
The police, meanwhile, stopped the protesters from entering Deputy Commissioner`s office premises and detained and sent them to district police lines.
Addressing the protesters, Khajuria condemned the price hike saying common man was bound to suffer due to the decision.
"NC-Congress government is dangerous in the state. It wants to divide the state and people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Delhi Police on terrorists' radar
- India vs West Indies: Satisfied to score double ton after forgettable debut, says Virat Kohli
- FIR lodged over beating of two Dalits in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic