J&K BJP activists court arrest over govt policies
Kathua: BJP activists on Thursday held a protest against both the Centre and state government over the alleged "anti-people" policies and later courted arrest in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kathua district.
Scores of BJP activists, including women, led by party`s senior leader Ashok Khajuria, held a protest against the UPA government and the NC-Congress alliance government in the state for initiating policies which were not in favour of people.
The protesters raised slogans against the Centre and state government and sat on dharna at Shaheed Bhagat Singh Park.
They later marched to Mini Secretariat to register their protest and courted arrest.
The police, meanwhile, stopped the protesters from entering Deputy Commissioner`s office premises and detained and sent them to district police lines.
Addressing the protesters, Khajuria condemned the price hike saying common man was bound to suffer due to the decision.
"NC-Congress government is dangerous in the state. It wants to divide the state and people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you