J&K BJP activists court arrest over govt policies
Kathua: BJP activists on Thursday held a protest against both the Centre and state government over the alleged "anti-people" policies and later courted arrest in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kathua district.
Scores of BJP activists, including women, led by party`s senior leader Ashok Khajuria, held a protest against the UPA government and the NC-Congress alliance government in the state for initiating policies which were not in favour of people.
The protesters raised slogans against the Centre and state government and sat on dharna at Shaheed Bhagat Singh Park.
They later marched to Mini Secretariat to register their protest and courted arrest.
The police, meanwhile, stopped the protesters from entering Deputy Commissioner`s office premises and detained and sent them to district police lines.
Addressing the protesters, Khajuria condemned the price hike saying common man was bound to suffer due to the decision.
"NC-Congress government is dangerous in the state. It wants to divide the state and people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Chicago University welcomes Raghuram Rajan back to academics
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio
- Simple steps to beautify your abode
- As NSG rejects India's membership bid, MEA says 'one country' persistently created procedural hurdles