J&K: Committee to probe land grab charges against Mohiuddin
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Council on Tuesday ordered to form a House Committee to investigate the allegations of grabbing of forest land by a state minister Taj Mohiuddin.
"There is a strong prima facie case that warrants a thorough and detailed investigation by a Committee of this House," chairman Amrit Malhotra said in a three-page order.
Murtaza Khan of PDP has been made chairman of the committee while Syed Mohammad Rafiq Shah, Khalid Najeeb Suharwardy and Bashir Ahmad Magray are its members.
Shah is the member who had made allegations of land grabbing.
The committee has been asked to submit a report by or before the budget session of the House.
During the recent Assembly session, government, in response to Shah`s question, had said there was no land under illegal occupation of any sitting minister in the state.
Shah, however, had contested the stand and handed over documents to the chairman in support of his allegations that some forest land in Shopian district was illegally occupied by Mohiuddin.
The minister, who appeared in the house same day, said he would resign if it the allegations were proved correct.
Malhotra said he "carefully" went through the documents submitted by both sides in support of their stand on the matter.
He pointed out many discrepancies in the report on the matter submitted by then Tehsildar (revenue official) of Shopian on the matter and even hinted that some of the documents might have been tampered with.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand