J&K Governor, DGP discuss security issues
Jammu: In the backdrop of recent attacks on panches and sarpanches in Jammu and Kashmir, state DGP Ashok Prasad on Friday called on Governor N N Vohra at Raj Bhawan here and briefed him about measures taken to ensure the safety of panchayat representatives.
The Governor and the DGP discussed issues relating to internal security management and matters pertaining to threats to panchayat members and steps taken by police to provide them security were also taken up in the meeting, sources said.
General Officer Commanding, 26 Infantry Division, Maj Gen Ashwani Kumar also met the Governor.
State Minister for Agriculture, Ghulam Hassan Mir during his meeting with Vohra today informed him about the status of various schemes underway for enhancing the productivity of agriculture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why Haryana DGP is teaching lessons of violence to common people? Part II
- DNA : Rising cases of deaths due to floating billboards in India
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show teaches leadership qualities to youths
- DNA: Foxconn replaces '60,000 factory workers with robots'
- DNA :Foxconn replaces '60,000 factory workers with robots - Part II
- Parliament session will not bring rain, says Shah
- Lewis Hamilton wants softer tyres and more fun in Formula One
- Mamata announces grant to state government employees
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm