J&K Governor, DGP discuss security issues
Jammu: In the backdrop of recent attacks on panches and sarpanches in Jammu and Kashmir, state DGP Ashok Prasad on Friday called on Governor N N Vohra at Raj Bhawan here and briefed him about measures taken to ensure the safety of panchayat representatives.
The Governor and the DGP discussed issues relating to internal security management and matters pertaining to threats to panchayat members and steps taken by police to provide them security were also taken up in the meeting, sources said.
General Officer Commanding, 26 Infantry Division, Maj Gen Ashwani Kumar also met the Governor.
State Minister for Agriculture, Ghulam Hassan Mir during his meeting with Vohra today informed him about the status of various schemes underway for enhancing the productivity of agriculture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’