J&K Governor, DGP discuss security issues
Jammu: In the backdrop of recent attacks on panches and sarpanches in Jammu and Kashmir, state DGP Ashok Prasad on Friday called on Governor N N Vohra at Raj Bhawan here and briefed him about measures taken to ensure the safety of panchayat representatives.
The Governor and the DGP discussed issues relating to internal security management and matters pertaining to threats to panchayat members and steps taken by police to provide them security were also taken up in the meeting, sources said.
General Officer Commanding, 26 Infantry Division, Maj Gen Ashwani Kumar also met the Governor.
State Minister for Agriculture, Ghulam Hassan Mir during his meeting with Vohra today informed him about the status of various schemes underway for enhancing the productivity of agriculture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?