J&K govt approves Rs 78.30 crore for Kulgam
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government
has approved Rs 78.30 crore as the current year`s plan for
Kulgam district, an official spokesman said on Wednesday.
The plan - Rs 53.66 crore as the capital component and
Rs 24.63 crore as revenue component - was approved at a
district Development Board meeting chaired by Forest Minister
Mian Altaf Ahmad yesterday, the spokesman said.
He said the District Development Commissioner, Kulgam,
Farooq Ahmad Khan gave brief resume of the last year`s
achievements, stating that against availability of Rs 75.50
crore, an expenditure of Rs 74.66 crore has been booked for
implementation of various developmental and welfare schemes
under last year`s district plan.
An amount of Rs 15.75 crore have been spent under
Roads and Buildings sector, Khan said, adding about Rs 4.16
crore were spent under Public Health Engineering sector.
As many as 20 primary schools were opened and 21
primary, middle and high schools were upgraded, he said.
Addressing the meeting, the minister said the National
Conference led coalition government is committed to provide
all basic amenities to the people besides overall development
and prosperity of the state.
Appreciating the district administration of Kulgam for
achieving the targets in full and to the best satisfaction of
public representatives during last two years, Ahmad said the
officers who achieve targets timely would be awarded whereas
those who fail to do so will be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report