J&K govt approves Rs 78.30 crore for Kulgam
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government
has approved Rs 78.30 crore as the current year`s plan for
Kulgam district, an official spokesman said on Wednesday.
The plan - Rs 53.66 crore as the capital component and
Rs 24.63 crore as revenue component - was approved at a
district Development Board meeting chaired by Forest Minister
Mian Altaf Ahmad yesterday, the spokesman said.
He said the District Development Commissioner, Kulgam,
Farooq Ahmad Khan gave brief resume of the last year`s
achievements, stating that against availability of Rs 75.50
crore, an expenditure of Rs 74.66 crore has been booked for
implementation of various developmental and welfare schemes
under last year`s district plan.
An amount of Rs 15.75 crore have been spent under
Roads and Buildings sector, Khan said, adding about Rs 4.16
crore were spent under Public Health Engineering sector.
As many as 20 primary schools were opened and 21
primary, middle and high schools were upgraded, he said.
Addressing the meeting, the minister said the National
Conference led coalition government is committed to provide
all basic amenities to the people besides overall development
and prosperity of the state.
Appreciating the district administration of Kulgam for
achieving the targets in full and to the best satisfaction of
public representatives during last two years, Ahmad said the
officers who achieve targets timely would be awarded whereas
those who fail to do so will be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy