J&K govt spent Rs 1408 cr without budgetary provisions: CAG
Jammu: Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India has questioned Jammu and Kashmir government for undertaking an expenditure of Rs 1408.38 crore without budgetary provisions.
"It was noticed that expenditure of Rs 1408.38 crore was incurred in 66 major heads of account without any (budget) provision during 2011-12", Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India said in its report on "State Finance" for the year ending 31st March, 2012.
"This has been spent without provision in the original estimates and supplementary demand and without any re-appropriation orders to this effect", CAG said.
Such expenditure included Rs 265.72 crore in Social Welfare department, followed by Rs 185.77 crore in Public Works Department (PWD), Rs 184.44 crore in Education department, Rs 130.08 crore in Rural development Department, Rs 124.94 crore in Higher Education department, and Rs 118.88 crore in the Finance department, it said.
As per the Budget manual, expenditure should not be incurred on a scheme or a service without provision of funds, CAG said.
The government auditor recommended preparation of realistic budget estimates to avoid large spendings without budgetary provisions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional