J&K govt spent Rs 1408 cr without budgetary provisions: CAG
Jammu: Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India has questioned Jammu and Kashmir government for undertaking an expenditure of Rs 1408.38 crore without budgetary provisions.
"It was noticed that expenditure of Rs 1408.38 crore was incurred in 66 major heads of account without any (budget) provision during 2011-12", Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India said in its report on "State Finance" for the year ending 31st March, 2012.
"This has been spent without provision in the original estimates and supplementary demand and without any re-appropriation orders to this effect", CAG said.
Such expenditure included Rs 265.72 crore in Social Welfare department, followed by Rs 185.77 crore in Public Works Department (PWD), Rs 184.44 crore in Education department, Rs 130.08 crore in Rural development Department, Rs 124.94 crore in Higher Education department, and Rs 118.88 crore in the Finance department, it said.
As per the Budget manual, expenditure should not be incurred on a scheme or a service without provision of funds, CAG said.
The government auditor recommended preparation of realistic budget estimates to avoid large spendings without budgetary provisions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?