J&K govt suspends teacher for beating student in Reasi
Reasi: Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday suspended a teacher for severely beating a student of class VII in Reasi district of the state.
Within few hours of beating Mohammed Aslam, a class VII student of Anji government high school, which led to his hospitalisation, Poonam Kumari, a teacher of the school was suspended by district authorities, Additional District Development Commissioner-Reasi, Rajinder Singh Tara said.
The student suffered high fever after the teacher severely beat him on Saturday morning.
An inquiry has also been ordered, Singh said, adding that the student`s parents have not lodged any complaint with the police.
Singh has also ordered a separate inquiry into the matter by Zonal Education Officer Reasi and asked him to submit a report within three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!