J&K govt suspends teacher for beating student in Reasi
Reasi: Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday suspended a teacher for severely beating a student of class VII in Reasi district of the state.
Within few hours of beating Mohammed Aslam, a class VII student of Anji government high school, which led to his hospitalisation, Poonam Kumari, a teacher of the school was suspended by district authorities, Additional District Development Commissioner-Reasi, Rajinder Singh Tara said.
The student suffered high fever after the teacher severely beat him on Saturday morning.
An inquiry has also been ordered, Singh said, adding that the student`s parents have not lodged any complaint with the police.
Singh has also ordered a separate inquiry into the matter by Zonal Education Officer Reasi and asked him to submit a report within three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal