J&K govt suspends teacher for beating student in Reasi
Reasi: Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday suspended a teacher for severely beating a student of class VII in Reasi district of the state.
Within few hours of beating Mohammed Aslam, a class VII student of Anji government high school, which led to his hospitalisation, Poonam Kumari, a teacher of the school was suspended by district authorities, Additional District Development Commissioner-Reasi, Rajinder Singh Tara said.
The student suffered high fever after the teacher severely beat him on Saturday morning.
An inquiry has also been ordered, Singh said, adding that the student`s parents have not lodged any complaint with the police.
Singh has also ordered a separate inquiry into the matter by Zonal Education Officer Reasi and asked him to submit a report within three days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'