J&K Gujjars raise political reservation with Shinde
Jammu: An organisation of Gujjars and Bakerwals on Friday demanded political reservation for the community in the Legislative Assembly, Legislative Council and in three-tier Panchayati Raj in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have raised the issue with the Union Home Minister (Sushiklumar Shinde)," Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasaba (ABGM) president Ishtaq-ur-Rahman Poswal told reporters here.
"We also demanded special recruitment drive in police and in other security forces for members of the community," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next