J&K Gujjars raise political reservation with Shinde
Jammu: An organisation of Gujjars and Bakerwals on Friday demanded political reservation for the community in the Legislative Assembly, Legislative Council and in three-tier Panchayati Raj in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have raised the issue with the Union Home Minister (Sushiklumar Shinde)," Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasaba (ABGM) president Ishtaq-ur-Rahman Poswal told reporters here.
"We also demanded special recruitment drive in police and in other security forces for members of the community," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price