J&K Gujjars raise political reservation with Shinde
Jammu: An organisation of Gujjars and Bakerwals on Friday demanded political reservation for the community in the Legislative Assembly, Legislative Council and in three-tier Panchayati Raj in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have raised the issue with the Union Home Minister (Sushiklumar Shinde)," Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasaba (ABGM) president Ishtaq-ur-Rahman Poswal told reporters here.
"We also demanded special recruitment drive in police and in other security forces for members of the community," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH