J&K Gujjars raise political reservation with Shinde
Jammu: An organisation of Gujjars and Bakerwals on Friday demanded political reservation for the community in the Legislative Assembly, Legislative Council and in three-tier Panchayati Raj in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have raised the issue with the Union Home Minister (Sushiklumar Shinde)," Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasaba (ABGM) president Ishtaq-ur-Rahman Poswal told reporters here.
"We also demanded special recruitment drive in police and in other security forces for members of the community," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement