J&K highway closed for 2nd day due to snowfall
Jammu: Snowfall and heavy rains forced the
300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar National Highway to remain closed
for the second consecutive day on Sunday.
"The highway is closed for second consecutive day today.
There is snowfall in the highway at several areas with heavy
rains. Besides some landslides have also occurred on the
highway," SP Ramban Anil Magotra said.
It is snowing at Jawahir tunnel, Banihal, Ramso, Batote,
Patnitop areas en route the highway, he said adding that there
were also reports of landslides triggered by heavy rains and
rock sliding at Panthal area in Ramban district.
Even as the authorities closed the vehicular traffic as a
precautionary measure yesterday morning, around 30 to 35
vehicles were stranded on the highway.
Border Road Organisation (BRO) is working to clear the
the snowfall and landslides in the highway, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?