J&K highway closed for 2nd day due to snowfall
Jammu: Snowfall and heavy rains forced the
300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar National Highway to remain closed
for the second consecutive day on Sunday.
"The highway is closed for second consecutive day today.
There is snowfall in the highway at several areas with heavy
rains. Besides some landslides have also occurred on the
highway," SP Ramban Anil Magotra said.
It is snowing at Jawahir tunnel, Banihal, Ramso, Batote,
Patnitop areas en route the highway, he said adding that there
were also reports of landslides triggered by heavy rains and
rock sliding at Panthal area in Ramban district.
Even as the authorities closed the vehicular traffic as a
precautionary measure yesterday morning, around 30 to 35
vehicles were stranded on the highway.
Border Road Organisation (BRO) is working to clear the
the snowfall and landslides in the highway, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it