J&K highway closed for 2nd day due to snowfall
Jammu: Snowfall and heavy rains forced the
300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar National Highway to remain closed
for the second consecutive day on Sunday.
"The highway is closed for second consecutive day today.
There is snowfall in the highway at several areas with heavy
rains. Besides some landslides have also occurred on the
highway," SP Ramban Anil Magotra said.
It is snowing at Jawahir tunnel, Banihal, Ramso, Batote,
Patnitop areas en route the highway, he said adding that there
were also reports of landslides triggered by heavy rains and
rock sliding at Panthal area in Ramban district.
Even as the authorities closed the vehicular traffic as a
precautionary measure yesterday morning, around 30 to 35
vehicles were stranded on the highway.
Border Road Organisation (BRO) is working to clear the
the snowfall and landslides in the highway, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- His LS constituency flooded, PM Modi deputes MP for help
- Cricket reforms: BCCI submits Compliance Report to Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha panel
- Hours-long attack on Kabul American university kills sixteen
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: Kuldeep's Yadav guile puts India Red in driver's seat
- How does smoke effect clouds in terms of climate? NASA flies to Africa to find out!