J&K highway closed for 2nd day due to snowfall
Jammu: Snowfall and heavy rains forced the
300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar National Highway to remain closed
for the second consecutive day on Sunday.
"The highway is closed for second consecutive day today.
There is snowfall in the highway at several areas with heavy
rains. Besides some landslides have also occurred on the
highway," SP Ramban Anil Magotra said.
It is snowing at Jawahir tunnel, Banihal, Ramso, Batote,
Patnitop areas en route the highway, he said adding that there
were also reports of landslides triggered by heavy rains and
rock sliding at Panthal area in Ramban district.
Even as the authorities closed the vehicular traffic as a
precautionary measure yesterday morning, around 30 to 35
vehicles were stranded on the highway.
Border Road Organisation (BRO) is working to clear the
the snowfall and landslides in the highway, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?