J&K highway closed for 2nd day due to snowfall
Jammu: Snowfall and heavy rains forced the
300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar National Highway to remain closed
for the second consecutive day on Sunday.
"The highway is closed for second consecutive day today.
There is snowfall in the highway at several areas with heavy
rains. Besides some landslides have also occurred on the
highway," SP Ramban Anil Magotra said.
It is snowing at Jawahir tunnel, Banihal, Ramso, Batote,
Patnitop areas en route the highway, he said adding that there
were also reports of landslides triggered by heavy rains and
rock sliding at Panthal area in Ramban district.
Even as the authorities closed the vehicular traffic as a
precautionary measure yesterday morning, around 30 to 35
vehicles were stranded on the highway.
Border Road Organisation (BRO) is working to clear the
the snowfall and landslides in the highway, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre