‘J&K interlocutors report public after CCS meet’
Jammu: The report of the Centre`s
interlocutors on Kashmir would be made public after Cabinet
Committee of Security (CCS) considers it, Union Home Minister
P Chidambaram said on Tuesday.
"Interlocutors` report, As I said in Delhi, will be made
public after the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has
considered the matter", Chidambaram told reporters here today
and refused to take further questions on the issue.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has pitched for making the
report public, holding debate on it and thereafter
implementing the recommendations.
"We desire that the interlocutors` report should be made
public document and talks should be held on it. After that,
its recommendations should be implemented", Omar had told
reporters here on Saturday last.
The three interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir had
submitted their report to Chidambaram in New Delhi on October
12, 2011, laying down a roadmap for the government to address
all issues pertaining to the state.
The report was handed over to Chidambaram by the
team comprising noted journalist Dilip Padgaonkar, former
Information Commissioner MM Ansari and noted academician
The report has been submitted within the time-frame of
one year given by the government to the interlocutors who were
appointed after an all-party meeting held in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins