‘J&K interlocutors report public after CCS meet’
Jammu: The report of the Centre`s
interlocutors on Kashmir would be made public after Cabinet
Committee of Security (CCS) considers it, Union Home Minister
P Chidambaram said on Tuesday.
"Interlocutors` report, As I said in Delhi, will be made
public after the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has
considered the matter", Chidambaram told reporters here today
and refused to take further questions on the issue.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has pitched for making the
report public, holding debate on it and thereafter
implementing the recommendations.
"We desire that the interlocutors` report should be made
public document and talks should be held on it. After that,
its recommendations should be implemented", Omar had told
reporters here on Saturday last.
The three interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir had
submitted their report to Chidambaram in New Delhi on October
12, 2011, laying down a roadmap for the government to address
all issues pertaining to the state.
The report was handed over to Chidambaram by the
team comprising noted journalist Dilip Padgaonkar, former
Information Commissioner MM Ansari and noted academician
The report has been submitted within the time-frame of
one year given by the government to the interlocutors who were
appointed after an all-party meeting held in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in