J&K Legislature session likely to be stormy
Jammu: The nearly month-long budget session of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislature, beginning Thursday, is likely to be a stormy affair with the Opposition all set to corner the NC-led government on a host of issues including Afzal Guru`s hanging and killing of sarpanchs.
The 26-day-long session will commence with Governor NN Vohra`s address to the joint sitting of both the Legislative Assembly and the Legislaive Council.
The opposition parties are gearing themselves to put the Omar Abdullah government on the mat on Guru`s execution, the killings of sarpanches, the proposed police reforms bill and a number of other issues.
The PDP, which has been demanding return of Guru`s mortal remains to his family, is all set to raise the issue in the Assembly but may face opposition from the BJP.
The BJP Legislature Party Leader Ashok Khajuria said his party will vehemently oppose raising of the Afzal Guru issue as it feels the government has done the right thing.
"We will raise issues related to west Pakistani refugees, PoK refugees and border dwellers apart from empowerment of the Panchayats in the state," he said.
The Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) has threatened to launch a protest demonstration outside the Assembly tomorrow in support of the demands of migrants from Jammu region.
The Annual Financial Statements of Expenditure for the year 2012-13 will be presented on March 6, Mohammad Ramzan, J&K Legislative Secretary, told a news agency.
"53 Legislators have filed 531 starred and 471 un-starred questions. There are 68 resolutions moved by 21 members," he said.
Apart from this, there is a total number of 60 private members bills, out of which three are for consideration and passing, Ramzan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what