J&K: Militancy-hit Banihal youths join BJP
Jammu: Ten youths belonging to remote Banihal belt of Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday joined the state chapter of the BJP.
The youths from Sumbad area in Ramban district joined BJP at party headquarters here in presence of BJP State General Secretary (Org) Ashok Koul, former Jammu Mayor and State General Secretary Kavinder Gupta and State Secretary Ghulam Ali Khatana.
Welcoming the new entrants into the party, Koul said Congress, NC and PDP were "dynastic parties", but the BJP was a party of activists.
"We work for bringing together people from all walks of life and any activist can reach to the highest position by his work," he said.
Koul expressed hope that the new entrants would work whole-heatedly in their respective areas to strengthen the party.
Haji Abdul Latif, Farooq Ahmed, Tanvir Ahmed, Rafiq Ahmed, Mohd Ashraf, Mohd Sharief, Shabir Ahmed, Mushtaq Ahmed, Zakir Hussain and Farakat Hussain joined BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title
- Dahi Handi events in Dadar, Thane flout Supreme Court rule; human pyramids go beyond 20 feet
- Sleep deprivation may lead to memory loss
- Why are people going so crazy over Reliance Jio test SIM
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth