J&K: Militancy-hit Banihal youths join BJP
Jammu: Ten youths belonging to remote Banihal belt of Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday joined the state chapter of the BJP.
The youths from Sumbad area in Ramban district joined BJP at party headquarters here in presence of BJP State General Secretary (Org) Ashok Koul, former Jammu Mayor and State General Secretary Kavinder Gupta and State Secretary Ghulam Ali Khatana.
Welcoming the new entrants into the party, Koul said Congress, NC and PDP were "dynastic parties", but the BJP was a party of activists.
"We work for bringing together people from all walks of life and any activist can reach to the highest position by his work," he said.
Koul expressed hope that the new entrants would work whole-heatedly in their respective areas to strengthen the party.
Haji Abdul Latif, Farooq Ahmed, Tanvir Ahmed, Rafiq Ahmed, Mohd Ashraf, Mohd Sharief, Shabir Ahmed, Mushtaq Ahmed, Zakir Hussain and Farakat Hussain joined BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth