J&K: Militancy-hit Banihal youths join BJP
Jammu: Ten youths belonging to remote Banihal belt of Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday joined the state chapter of the BJP.
The youths from Sumbad area in Ramban district joined BJP at party headquarters here in presence of BJP State General Secretary (Org) Ashok Koul, former Jammu Mayor and State General Secretary Kavinder Gupta and State Secretary Ghulam Ali Khatana.
Welcoming the new entrants into the party, Koul said Congress, NC and PDP were "dynastic parties", but the BJP was a party of activists.
"We work for bringing together people from all walks of life and any activist can reach to the highest position by his work," he said.
Koul expressed hope that the new entrants would work whole-heatedly in their respective areas to strengthen the party.
Haji Abdul Latif, Farooq Ahmed, Tanvir Ahmed, Rafiq Ahmed, Mohd Ashraf, Mohd Sharief, Shabir Ahmed, Mushtaq Ahmed, Zakir Hussain and Farakat Hussain joined BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen