J&K: Militancy-hit Banihal youths join BJP
Jammu: Ten youths belonging to remote Banihal belt of Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday joined the state chapter of the BJP.
The youths from Sumbad area in Ramban district joined BJP at party headquarters here in presence of BJP State General Secretary (Org) Ashok Koul, former Jammu Mayor and State General Secretary Kavinder Gupta and State Secretary Ghulam Ali Khatana.
Welcoming the new entrants into the party, Koul said Congress, NC and PDP were "dynastic parties", but the BJP was a party of activists.
"We work for bringing together people from all walks of life and any activist can reach to the highest position by his work," he said.
Koul expressed hope that the new entrants would work whole-heatedly in their respective areas to strengthen the party.
Haji Abdul Latif, Farooq Ahmed, Tanvir Ahmed, Rafiq Ahmed, Mohd Ashraf, Mohd Sharief, Shabir Ahmed, Mushtaq Ahmed, Zakir Hussain and Farakat Hussain joined BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh returns to Odisha, says he was on vacation
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver