J&K minister Shabir Ahmad Khan booked on molestation complaint
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Minister Shabir Ahmad Khan was on Thursday booked by police on a complaint by a lady doctor, alleging that he made an attempt to molest her.
A case was registered by the Police under Sec 354 RPC (assault or criminal force on a woman with the intention to outrage modesty of a woman) and Section 509 RPC(word, gesture or act intended to outrage the modesty of a woman)
The complaint was lodged a few days back at police station Shaheedgunj.
It said Khan, the Minister of State for Health who belongs to Congress, allegedly tried to make advances towards the woman and molest her when she visited his office in the state secretariat here on January 28.
The woman claimed she was called by the Minister`s aide to visit the secretariat office.
On reaching the office, the woman claimed she was asked to see the minister. She said she was then asked to make kahwa(Kashmiri tea).
The woman said she felt uncomfortable and quickly left the room after the minister allegedly tried
to molest her.
The minister could not be immediately reached for comments.
CPI-M leader M Y Tarigami demanded the resignation of the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- PMO counters criticism on 'rehashed' schemes under Narendra Modi government
- Watch: NASA releases 'Metabolomics: You Are What You Eat' video!
- Women's World Boxing Championship: Sonia Lather settles for silver, loses to Italian Alessia Mesiano in 57kg final
- 'The Jungle Book' rakes in moolah at Box Office, all set to cross Rs 200 crore in India!
- HDFC among world's top 10 consumer financial services firms