J&K minister Shabir Ahmad Khan booked on molestation complaint
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Minister Shabir Ahmad Khan was on Thursday booked by police on a complaint by a lady doctor, alleging that he made an attempt to molest her.
A case was registered by the Police under Sec 354 RPC (assault or criminal force on a woman with the intention to outrage modesty of a woman) and Section 509 RPC(word, gesture or act intended to outrage the modesty of a woman)
The complaint was lodged a few days back at police station Shaheedgunj.
It said Khan, the Minister of State for Health who belongs to Congress, allegedly tried to make advances towards the woman and molest her when she visited his office in the state secretariat here on January 28.
The woman claimed she was called by the Minister`s aide to visit the secretariat office.
On reaching the office, the woman claimed she was asked to see the minister. She said she was then asked to make kahwa(Kashmiri tea).
The woman said she felt uncomfortable and quickly left the room after the minister allegedly tried
to molest her.
The minister could not be immediately reached for comments.
CPI-M leader M Y Tarigami demanded the resignation of the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM