J&K MLA expresses concern over interlocutors` report leak
Srinagar: Expressing concern over leak of the interlocutors` report to media, an Independent MLA from Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday said the incident showed "non-serious approach of the Centre towards resolving Kashmir issue".
"How was the sensitive report leaked to the media? It shows the non-serious approach of the Government of India towards Kashmir issue," MLA Sheikh Abdul Rashid told reporters here.
He said there was "nothing new" in the interlocutors` report, which seemed to be an attempt at crisis management than resolving the issues.
"The panel of interlocutors was appointed at the peak of the 2010 summer unrest...the contents of the report, as reported by a newspaper, seems to be an attempt to manage the crisis that addressing the Kashmir issue," he claimed.
The centre had appointed three interlocutors on Kashmir veteran journalist Dileep Padgaonkar, academician Radha Kumar and former Central Information Commissioner MM Ansari on October 13, 2010 to suggest a political solution for addressing the internal dimension of Kashmir issue.
The panel submitted its report, after visiting almost every major town and city of the state during their tenure of one year, to the Centre last year. The report has not been made public yet but the newspaper carried a news article on its contents earlier this week.
Rashid alleged the interlocutors have not reflected the aspirations of the people in their report.
"The team visited my area (Langate in north Kashmir Kuwpara district) where people clearly told them what they want but it does not seem to have been reflected in the report," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees