J&K MLA expresses concern over interlocutors` report leak
Srinagar: Expressing concern over leak of the interlocutors` report to media, an Independent MLA from Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday said the incident showed "non-serious approach of the Centre towards resolving Kashmir issue".
"How was the sensitive report leaked to the media? It shows the non-serious approach of the Government of India towards Kashmir issue," MLA Sheikh Abdul Rashid told reporters here.
He said there was "nothing new" in the interlocutors` report, which seemed to be an attempt at crisis management than resolving the issues.
"The panel of interlocutors was appointed at the peak of the 2010 summer unrest...the contents of the report, as reported by a newspaper, seems to be an attempt to manage the crisis that addressing the Kashmir issue," he claimed.
The centre had appointed three interlocutors on Kashmir veteran journalist Dileep Padgaonkar, academician Radha Kumar and former Central Information Commissioner MM Ansari on October 13, 2010 to suggest a political solution for addressing the internal dimension of Kashmir issue.
The panel submitted its report, after visiting almost every major town and city of the state during their tenure of one year, to the Centre last year. The report has not been made public yet but the newspaper carried a news article on its contents earlier this week.
Rashid alleged the interlocutors have not reflected the aspirations of the people in their report.
"The team visited my area (Langate in north Kashmir Kuwpara district) where people clearly told them what they want but it does not seem to have been reflected in the report," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say